Monday, April 14, 2008

Bed Time

Well, it was bound to happen, but my good fortune has run it's course.

Everyone has alway commented on how well Grace goes to bed, how easy it is to put her down for the night or for nap. They are astonished that she actually tells me she needs to go to sleep.

Well, this past week, that has all changed! She still tells me she needs a nap or needs to go to bed, but then it is like she gets a second wind. She decides to milk the attention for all it is worth. She needs to rock ("for just 2 more minutes"). She has to go potty at least 2 times. She plays the "Guess What?" game. She needs 8 kisses, then 3 more, then, "May I have 14 kisses, please?" I have to tuck her in just so and kiss her babies good night.

It is wearing on me...what used to take 10 minutes is taking and hour and a half. Yes, you heard me, 90 minutes last night to put her to sleep. Only for her to wake up at 1:50am and go potty, then start it all again. I finally let her CRY IT OUT! I don't mind doing that, but I haven't ever really had to in the past. She cried for about 5 minutes then there was silence. Blessed silence.

Then at 5am she woke up again....and I had to let her cry again. For about the same amount of time.

Today for nap, she started up again. She only cried for about 3 minutes this time. Hopefully, she will go back to my normal, sweet little girl who loves to go to bed...and soon!

No comments: